Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Babies :)



Today we did something we've wanted to do for a LONG time :) We got some chickens :) Yay!!!
Sam is very excited about it. We got a few different kinds..4 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Barred Rocks, 3 Brahma's and 3 Isa Browns..We might get a couple more..I want to see how we do with these :) One of our Reds is kind of sickly looking..I hope she doesn't die..I guess this will be a definite learning experience for us.
We've been having to be creative with getting our school work done with Maci here. She's been a fussy little girl...busy cutting teeth. Sam is reading "Our Island Story" for History. He's also doing a Progeny Press literature study guide on "Redwall." We just finished our latest read aloud, "The Door in the Wall." It was a good book. We are now moving on to "Swiss Family Robinson." Along with it he will be study Oceans and Sea Creatures. He is looking forward to it. He is studying about the platypus right now. It was something he wanted to learn about just for fun!
Our garden has been started..but it's been storming and raining so much that we haven't really been able to get as many things out there as we would like. I say we...but Mark is the one doing it :) I'm busy being a busy Grandma :) Miss Maci is growing like a little weed :) She is 5 1/2 months now..And her Grandma loves her SO much!! In case you can't tell.
I guess I'll end it here for now... I do hope everyone is doing well and that God's blessings are showering down on you :)
Until next time...(Hopefully soon:)
Jerelene



No comments: