Thursday, April 30, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
- Outside my window**A beatiful sunny day with storms on the way. My windmill is puttering away with all the strong southern winds. I just hope my clothes get dry before the rain hits.
- I am thinking**I hope whatever this bug is that we've got going around the house leaves as quickly as possible. It's horrible. Mark, Sam and I all have it, and believe me you wouldn't want it. :(
- From the learning room** Not much today..maybe Math and a little English. I am still feeling pretty icky.
- I am thankful** Our garden spot has finally been plowed!! YEAH!!! Now it's suppose to rain all week. I was hoping to get the garden started. I guess it will just happen when it happens. I am thankful to the nice man who came and plowed it and then came back and disked it. We really appreciated it!!
- From the kitchen**coffee and chicken noodle soup. If the rain holds off Mark might grill some burgers. I don't know if I'll be able to eat it, but the other 3 that aren't sick might.
- I am wearing**Blue shirt and blue and purple shorts. It's been pretty hot here and I'm running a fever..sweating.
- I am reading**nothing right this moment..
- I am hoping**that it doesn't rain the whole entire week.
- I am creating**again, nothing right now..(sick)
- I am praying**For my family
- Around the house**sniffles and coughs
- One of my favorite things**Coffee Mate Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer..it is YUMMY!!
- A few plans for the rest of the week**For everyone to get better!! To move some flower pots from the back of the property to the front. I would like to get some flowers in them. I don't know if the weather is going to cooperate though. I also would like to get some herbs going in some pots by the back door. I wanted to do this so badly last year and didn't get to. I'm hoping I'm able to do that this year. :)
- The picture I'm sharing is what the Diamond Frost pot that my Aunt Audrey gave me for our anniversary looks like up close. It's really pretty!!
For More great Daybook entries and to participate in your own blog got to Peggy's at
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ THANK YOU PEGGY!
Friday, April 24, 2009
- What if we carried it around in our purse or pockets?
- What if we flipped through it several times a day? (Or several times an hour)
- What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
- What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
- What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
- What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
- What if we used it when we traveled?
- What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go -hmm-where is my Bible? Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill. Makes you stop and think, "Where are my priorities?" And no dropped calls! Trust in the Lord. Have a blessed and wonderful day! ~R Town News, Wolseley, Saskatchewan
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW: Very Windy, Sun and then rain, and now the sun is shining again..Yeah!!
I AM THINKING: How greatful I am for my sweet hubby. We celebrated 22 yrs. Saturday!
FROM THE LEARNING ROOM: Water Vapor, Capitalization, finishing the last of our state capitals.
I AM THANKFUL: For my family and all the blessings he has given us!
FROM THE KITCHEN: Spaghetti for supper :)
I AM WEARING: a grey, black and white skirt with a red v-necked shirt
I AM READING: 4-H book, trying to figure it all out so I can turn things in by May
I AM HOPING: To get our garden tilled..if this rain doesn't stop soon I don't know when we are going to get it going. This also falls under my prayers..
I AM CREATING: Not much this week..my husband IS building me a brick mailbox as an anniversay present. It will have planters on both sides. So, as soon as he gets it up, I am planting something pretty in it. Probably some purple petunias!!
I AM PRAYING: For some dry weather so our garden can be tilled..also for my Mom as she has been in poor health.
AROUND THE HOUSE: trying to finish some of the painting that has needed to be done since we moved in, in the fall. Everything has to be primered and the primer bothers my youngest that has Tourettes. Now that the windows can be open, we are hoping to get some more done!!
ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: Watching the birds outside..we have 2 different kinds of woodpeckers, titmouses, chickadees, redbirds, brown thrashes, bluejays and yellow goldfinches, which are my favorites!!
A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK: Really tackle the Math with my youngest..I would prefer to not be on it all summer long. It's been slow going this yr. He's been sick a lot! Planting some more flowers outside (hopefully starting the garden)
The picture I'm sharing is of a Forsythia bush. My aunt gave me and my husband a bush for our 22nd anniversary this weekend. She also gaves us a beautiful hanging basket full of Diamond Frost..it's gorgeous!!
For more Daybook entries and to maybe participate on your own blog go to
Peggy's at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ Thank You Peggy!!!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Our puppy Mickey has kind of fallen in love with a cottage cheese bowl. Yes!! You heard me right! He retrieved an empty cottage cheese bowl from the trash and now carries it everywhere and sleeps with it!! It's pretty hilarious.) I thought I'd share some pictures of the adorable dogs at my house. The one of Mickey yawning for some reason looks like he has his dog tags pierced through his tongue. I promise you it's not!! He does have a really long tongue though. Kind of like one of those squeezie toys. He's been losing his baby teeth and yes, the toothfairy did make a visit. Yes, we love our dogs! (I'll just blame it on spring fever!)
Saturday, April 11, 2009
I just wanted to tell everyone that I hope they have a Wonderfully Blessed Easter!! I am so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for us...and I am so happy that he rose again and that because of him, my sins can be forgiven if all I do is ask. Isn't it awesome how God loves Us!!
Have a great Easter and don't forget the true meaning ...the eggs, the bunnies, the chocolate..they're all wonderful, but they can't compare to Jesus!!!
Something to share..
A little poem I found....
GOD, I NEED YOU
I missed You today as I got up late,
And rushed around my morning in haste.
My day seemed different, unseemingly long-
As I dragged through work, tired and forlorn.
"God, where did You go?" I'm asking you now,
As in the traffic I sit-just tryin' to get home.
Too tired to cook, let's do pizza, "no prayer"-
Fall asleep watching TV, so unaware.
You wake me up early my Bible in view-
Please help me to remember-
I really need You.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
A dear friend sent this to me..It made me smile so I thought I would share it!!
Don't you just love Julie Andrews? Be sure to scroll down and stop the playlist music. As much as I love Loui...they don't sound good together!! :) Enjoy!!!!
Monday, April 6, 2009
I am participating in Peggy" ( http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ ) Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today ~April 6, 2009~
. Outside my window...Spring flowers.. the left over daffodils, my beautiful pear tree blooming, and snowflakes!!!
- I am thinking....of the miniature horses we've been looking at. I'm thinking about letting Sarah and Sam join a mini's club. They go to contests and perform at parades. It looks fun, but I know the kids will want one!
- From the learning room....Apostrophes and World War I
- From the kitchen....the smell of yummy pancakes and coffee (we had a brunch-lunch :)
- I am wearing....a green skirt and a shirt with pink trim and pink and orange flowers
- I am reading....Brides of Lancaster County by Wanda E. Brunstetter
- I am hoping....that after tomorrow that the rest of the week will be warm and pretty and that we will have a lovely Easter
- I am creating...a pretty red knitted dishcloth and hopefully some yummy snickerdoodle cookies and tacos later!!
- I am hearing....the wind blowing outside and my daughter complaining about having to go to work...(unfortunately)
- Around the house....the puppy is dragging his toys everywhere, pages are turning in books, keys clicking on the computer and I am enjoying my yummy carrot cake candle burning on the computer desk :)
- One of my favorite things....ordering a pizza and cuddling up and watching a movie with my family (last night!!)
- A few plans for the rest of the week...to have a really good week with school work..to have a beautiful Easter weekend with my family...Hopefully a really nice Easter Dinner too!!
A beautiful picture of the lilac bush in my yard...I also have a white one blooming too!!