Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update...


I am feeling a little better..Thanks for all the well wishes. :) We finally did get the garden plowed as I said in my daybook entry on Monday. But, the rain has decided to come and not leave. It looks like it probably won't dry up til next week. I guess putting things IN the garden will just have to wait. Don't you just hate waiting? Before the rain hit, and as it was still dry on Monday; I went out and stuck my tosies in the dirt. There is something sort of therapeutic about a freshly tilled garden. The smell of the dirt. The feel of the dirt between your toes. The happy little Robins were so thrilled. They thought we had dug that just for them....My family loves zuchinni. We always plant quite a bit of it. The kids get quite aggrivated at my ability to come up with so many creative ways of using it. :) We have it in soups, made into bread, served with rice, with noodles, stir fried, breaded. Like I said..we eat it a lot!! I also love Roma tomatoes. They are great to can with. They make the best salsa. Well, I better go for now..have to get busy.. Laundry is calling. Have a Great Day!!!!

5 comments:

Diana said...

My family love's zucchini bake. Make it just like lasagna only we also add slices of sauteed zucchini in the layers. Oh boy, now I'm getting hungry!

Eileen said...

I've never had zucchini bread, that sounds wonderful.
I like zucchini a lot, especially breaded, and stir fried is good too!
Happy gardening!

Blessings each day said...

Hi Jerelene,

You sure have gotten alot done with just barely getting over being sick...hope you are all well now.

You made it into my yesterday's post, by the way!

blessings,

marcy

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh my goodness, zucchini bread! There is nothing like fresh veggies from the garden! We need to get ours planted... Thanks for the inspiration, Sweets!:) Lori

Sweet Woodruff said...

We always grew extra, grated it up and froze it. We had zuchinni bread all year. :) I miss those days of my wonderful garden. It makes me sad. We rent and I don't want to mess with gardening right now.

Thanks for your well wishes yesterday. I love your beautiful blog. It looks like there is a lot of good things to read.

I love that picture of the Bible with the dust on it. Where did you get it. It's amazing. It catches you off guard and makes you think.

Take care and I'll be back to read your good thoughts.