Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Sunday, April 19, 2009

22 YEARS

My sweet hubby and I celebrated our 22nd Anniversay yesterday. We dated for 2 yrs. before that so we've been together for a while. We actually started dating the night before Easter and got married the night before Easter too! We were married at 5:30 in the evening. The lady that helped me at the bridal shop we went through had told me it was good luck for the couple to marry when the hands on the clock were going up, not down. Well, she must have been right. We've been together long enough to say I guess we've had good luck in that way at least!! It was a candlelight wedding. My boquet was pink/mave roses, white daisies, and lilly of the valleys hanging around the edges. The men wore black (Mark was the only one in tails, and all black) and the others had burgundy cumberbunds. (It was the 80's.) The bridesmaids wore pinkish/mauve long dresses. I wore and old timey (think 30's, 40's) type off-white dress that came up where you could see my shins down and the train down the back came down in a point (not too long though.) It was covered in lace. Almost flapper-girl like? And a had a long veil that covered my face when I was walking down the aisle. When I got to the front Mark had to pull the veil back. It was so sweet seeing tears in his eyes when he saw me!! He is such a sweet man!! My violin teacher played "meditation by thais" for me. It was beautiful!! My wedding cake had bride and groom teddy bears. (I collected teddy bears when I was younger, loved them actually.) The bottom layer had a glass cinderella carriage that lit up. The cake had lilly of the vallies hanging off around it too. I had pink and burgundy little heart shaped candies and my napkins had burgundy and pink bride and groom teddy bears with our names and the date. It was really sweet!! I'm very thankful for the life we've had together so far and can't wait to experience the rest!!! Happy Anniversary Mark! I LOVE YOU

No comments: