Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Monday, September 15, 2008

Brrrr.....


Well, I got my wish....cooler weather. It was very cool with the high today only in the 60's..I thought it was nice, but several of my family members said they were cold. I would take being a little cool over being hot any day!! We awoke early today to the sound of chain saws and talk amongst the neighbors. Many still being without electricity. The local schools were all out today as well, due to electric outages and downed trees and power lines. So, there were many children out running and playing and enjoying their day off. Mine however, didn't get so lucky. We did have a rather layed back day, and a late start; but they did do schoolwork. Most of our neighbors look to have their electric back on tonight. I am sure they are very relieved.
I decided to take advantage of the nice cool temps ( and having electric ) and to do some baking. I made a loaf of blueberry bread and some yummy chocolate-peanut butter chip cookies. I don't know which was better, the smell or taste. Well, technically I haven't had any of the blueberry bread yet...but I am getting ready to go have a try. A cup of coffee and a slice of warm sweet bread....What a nice end to the day!!! Good Night!!!

2 comments:

Perri said...

The bread looks yummy!

Kelli said...

Jerelene, I'm so sorry to hear about Ike damaging your property! I am loving these cooler temperatures...fall is in the air. Your blueberry bread looks delicious!
~Kelli
P.s. Welcome to the blogging world!