Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Homeschooling..




Today I have been pondering what would make a homeschool Mother send her child back to public school? Would it be that she gives up? Or would it be that when he or she reaches a certain age they give them a choice? I cannot fathom sending mine back when public school was one of the main reasons that I came to homeschool. I'm just wondering if there would be anything that would make any of my homeschool friends change there mind and send there children to public school? I know socialization would probably be on the top of the list. I sometimes feel that my youngest child probably doesn't get as much playtime with others his age as some would feel necessary. But, I don't feel he is neglected or unsocialized either. I feel he gains a lot from spending time with other people regardless of their age. Some of my happiest memories are not necessarily from time spent with kids that were my age. I have some wonderful memories from senior citizens that I knew through church as I was growing up. They had the most interesting and beautiful stories and advice to share. Those are the memories that I cling too. I always got along almost better with older people than myself. I don't think I missed out on anything because of it though. I'm not even sure that I want mine spending endless hours with the public school kids..My experiences with his exposures have not been good ones..Any thought on any of this would be so greatly appreciated.......Jerelene

No comments: