Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Premio Meme Award...and duckzinni :)

Yesterday, was a busy day! We finally got a new camera so now I'll be able to post a few more pictures. I got a new printer too!! (I had a fun day!!)
Diana at Welcome to My World was so kind as to bestow another award to me!! It' called the Premio Meme award. I haven't a clue as to what it means. Maybe it's in Latin? Who knows..But I appreciate so much being thought of to recieve this. It's a gift of the HEART!! If you ladies only know how tickled pink I get by this...you would have to smile at silly old me...I have to make a big family announcement! It is so GOOD for me though..it gives me a litte B-12 shot you might say! I think my family appreciates the happiness that it brings out in me as well!!


As for accepting the award..I must tell you yet 7 more boring things about myself...
So here goes..
1. My paternal Grandmother's name was Olive. I loved my Grandma Olive dearly!! So many things about who I am..came from her. My oldest son's middle name is Oliver and my oldest daughter's middle name is Olivia. I think If I could have gotten by with it...I would have somehow had it in the other 2 children's names as well.
2. I am NOT a morning person. AT ALL...I am an official night owl. I can't help it...I've tried to change my ways, but it doesn't seem to be working.
3. Several years ago..we (it was actually Sammy's Christmas present one year) had a Greek Tortoise. His name was Willy. He was an awesome pet to have. Sam would ride him around in Sarah's barbie car. He only ate fruit and vegetables. He loved Romaine lettuce and zucchinni. When he was hungry and you didn't come feed him quick enough, he would sit in his food bowl!! He has since (sadly) passed away..We miss him!!
4. I like watching vampire and dracula movies....It's the only kind of scary movie I'll watch....I've read the whole Twilight series..I did it within a couple week time frame. Wow, getting that off my chest kind of made me sweat...now you all know one of my best kept secrets!! :)
5. I don't like raw tomatoes..I hate the slimy, seedy stuff. I do however, LOVE salsa. I will eat tomatoes in spaghetti or soups...just not raw!!
6. I hate doing the dishes...it's not something I'm proud of...but it is the one thing I will intentionally put off! I'd rather do anything else. Some of it I just hate standing there!! LOL
7. My oldest son Zachary is my wild child. He's the one that gives me most of my worries. I don't post too much about him. He's had his share of troubles. He will be 21 in September. He plays in a rock band. The kind where the screamer (I mean singer) screams and you can't understand a word of the lyrics. Deep down he has a good heart...but he is extremely immature and has had some problems..I am in constant prayer that his guardian angels will work overtime for him!!
Well, that's my 7 boring things...but I don't mind sharing...sometimes that's good for us!! :)
I would like to pass this on to in no particular order....I LOVE all of you!!
1. Rebecca at Renaissance
2.Lori at Morning Glories and Moonflowers
3. Fiona at ~There's More To This Life~
4. Trina at I Work from Son Up to Son Down
5. Wendy at Pink Slippers
6.Carol at Charli & Me
7. Linda at Linda Lu's Been There, Done That


Some pictures to share!! This is our duckzinni...we'll be sending this picture to one of our local weathermen who like to share pics of crazy garden veggies..


A very excited to see us Mickey!!!


Our garden...head high corn and tomatoes...our corn is tassling!!! Deer Stay OUT!!







9 comments:

Unknown said...

your garden is beautiful! I am so jelous! My huhoney would be so jelous too! He loves a good days work in a garden, hands in the soil, the peacock proud parade into the house with arms full of garden bounty! (sigh)

Eileen said...

Amazing Garden!! We have no place to plant anymore except a tiny patch on the side, my husband put tomatoes there (and also in a pot on the back deck), but even when we had the room, our garden never looked like that! Great job!

I really enjoyed this post too, Jerelene, and I can't tell you how happy I am that I first came across your blog. I think the very first post of yours that I read was a list, sort of a rules of life, it was beautiful. And I've been happy to come back for each post since!

I love the name Olive! My husband and I were thinking of naming our youngest daughter Olivia, but then we ended up naming her after one of his grandmother's and one of mine.
And I don't enjoy doing dishes either, well, I don't enjoy any housework really, it's funny, once I get into a project I feel like it's not so bad, but I just procrastinate so much!
And I can commiserate about your son, all five of our kids gave us heartaches at different points in their lives, our oldest was the worst for the longest amount of time, but they are all doing okay now, some better than others. But they are adults now and we can't make their choices for them.

I like your Duckzinni a lot! And how cool that he'll be on TV! I'm going to have to bring my granddaughter Mia here tomorrow to look at it, she loves ducks! And I'm sure she'll get a kick out of Mickey too (he's really cute!), she doesn't like dogs in person, but she enjoys looking at pictures of all animals.

Nice post, Jerelene, and it's nice getting to know you better!
Love,
Eileen
PS Thanks so much for that beautiful comment you left on my post today. I really do take everything you say to heart and store it there as treasure.

Jerelene said...

Eileen...I don't know if he'll show it or not..I sent him the picture today, so I'll just have to wait and see! I hope so though, My husband would be so thrilled. He's worked so hard in the garden this year.
By the way, I just might try to post a poem tomorrow!!
Love, Jerelene

mysteryhistorymom said...

You are the sweetest, Jerelene! I happily accept and can't wait to post on my blog! I am NOT a morning person, either. Fellow night owl here.:) And I love scary movies, too!

Love your garden! Wow!

I want to make you a posie, Sweets! E-mail me what color(s) you would like on it and your address!:) toosillysisters@cox.net Lori

Diana said...

Hi Jerelene,
I laughed to myself when I read how you feel about tomatoes. My husband and Katie feel the exact same way! Do you like fried green tomatoes? My family loves them dipped in ranch dressing.
I'm right with you about the dishes. They make me feel anchored to my kitchen. I just find some really good music to listen to and have at it.
I love your duckzinni. I think thats amazing!
It was fun learning more about you Jerelene. Your garden is very nice.

Eileen said...

Yes, Jerelene! Do a poem! I almost forgot again! Marcy reminded me and it's all done and ready to go!

I just noticed you have a new picture, I LOVE it! You look so beautiful!

Also, I'm working on another award post right now, stop over in about half an hour, hopefully it will be done, it's a Charming Award this time (no button for some reason though).
And also, I wanted to include something for Sam when I send out the package (most likely on Thursday), can you tell me what interest him? I know horses, but is there any kind of hobby or collection that I could add to? Please let me know.
Thanks so much!
Love, Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerlene....since I'm on vacation and away from my home PC and am using dialup, it will be 2 hours before your photos load....so, I hope to go to a Wi/Fi place and see them (maybe tomorrow.) Thankfully, I was able to get to the comments section of your post. I'm glad you got the Meme award. I googled it to find out what it was....not there....I used a magnifying glass trying to read the fine print...fogged up the glass...so, I played along...passed it along and have had great fun with it.
I also Googled to see what Marcy's occupation is. It's still looking.
I wanted to say hello from North Carolina. I don't know if I'll be able to post anything on my blog or not....it's amazing I've been able to leave comments on others' blogs. I did want to stop by and say hello.
Smiles from Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerelene, I really enjoyed reading your post. Congratulations on your award and thank you for bestowing it on me. I will post sometime next week. Your garden is just beautiful. It makes me wish I had one again. I enjoyed reading Twilight too. I also liked the movie. Have you seen it yet? I have enjoyed getting to know you and I'm so glad I found your blog. I really like your picture. As Eileen says, you are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your little Mickey is adorable ♥