Ok...here goes ladies...you asked for it...don't blame me or hate me..we'll try it this one time and see what happens!
Out in our garden,
the veggies are growing.
All of hubbies hard work..
is definately showing!
All the veggies are budding
at an awesome rate..
All the salsa & relishes..
Yummy, I can't wait!
Weeding and hoeing
and tilling with care,
In hopes of a harvest
with plenty to share.
Our prayers for a garden
blessed from above..
Have been answered,
fruitfully,with God's Faithful Love!
Ok...don't throw tomatoes at me!! and...on to other business!
Eileen at Umma's World has been so kind as to bestow yet ANOTHER award to me!! This award is the Charming Blog Award..Now this award is an (invisible award.) You just know and LOVE that you recieved it from one of your sweet bloggy (angel) friends!! Oh..then you must pass it on to 8 other charming blogs...Now (Marcy..please don't come after me!! ;) I can't just pick 8...you are ALL so charming that I just HAVE to pass this on to ALL my bloggy friends...I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Now...the sad part....I must bore you with yet 7 more random things about myself.....I may be running out?
I don't think I've had to think this hard since college...good grief :)
1. I started dating my hubby Mark..my junior yr. in high school. I met him the night before Easter..He took me to both my jr. and sr. proms. He lived in the town where we live now. I lived in a town about 14 miles away. We met at a local strip where the kids cruised around in their cars and tried to look cool playing 80's music blaring from the stereos. Ahhh...memories :) I was standing out in the Mc Donalds parking lot near the road where they drove by. He drove by in his huge Bronco and I waved and tried to look pretty..He was very handsome!! Tall, tanned and muscular. He was at the time..a hod carrier, learning the brick mason trade. (That's what he is now.) I remember everyone always thought he was a policemen...he really looked like one! Anyway, he stopped and picked me up and we cruised around. The rest is history..We married 2 yrs. later...the following spring after I graduated..on the night before Easter. He can be a buster bear sometimes...but I can't imagine my life without him...I love this Man!!
2. All of my children were born on Tuesday afternoon. (If I've already posted some of these..I apologize...I think I'm running out of randomness!)
3.I used to sing for weddings...I actually sang for my cousin's wedding a few years ago..
4. I played my violin and sang for one of my family's closest friend's funeral when she passed away from cancer. She was from Jamaica and was one of the loveliest women I've ever met. I played my violin and sang..."When the Storm Passes Over." It's very hard not to cry when you are standing over someone that you cared about and have to sing and play, while they are there..below you in the casket...
I did it though...I held it together somehow..I wanted to honor her and I prayed that God would honor her through me...He did just that!! Of all the places I've played...that was the most memorable and meaningful.
5. I grew up pretty much alone. My half sister and brother were 8 and 10 yrs. older than me. My sister left home when she was 16..so I was by myself from then on. I relied on the neighbor sisters to become my adopted sisters. Their family was so good to me!! I always felt like I had two homes!! I love them all dearly...My life would have been miserable had it not been for them!!! ( LOVE YOU GUYS!! )
6. When I was a child..I collected Teddy Bears...I had gobs of them. At night, when I would get scared...I lined them up all around me like a Teddy Bear Army!! :)
7. I have absolutely the largest sweet tooth ever!! And, it shows..I've always teased everyone that I have to work hard at keeping MY figure!! (Eating lots of goodies!) I do actually eat the stuff that's (GOOD) for me first..before indulging myself. Well...if the saying "You are what you eat," is actually true..then I must be pretty sweet :) I hope so..I try hard!!
Well, that was my 7...
I must now get off here and do something productive...like the dishes in the sink (ouch!) And I have a HUGE pile of zuchinni that I absolutely must tend to..so off I go. I'd much rather be outside. It is 75 degrees and absolutely gorgeous!! (Diana...I hope it's this nice at your house :)
And so..I get to be stuck in the house! YUCK!! Since it's so nice..I'm thinking of maybe taking Sam and the girls to putt-putt golf this evening, if it doesn't rain. Have a Wonderful and Blessing Filled Day!! Love you all!!