Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Hello! After my little tumble last night..I didn't sleep well. Actually, at all. I did manage to take Sam to the library where they made paper flowers today! He did a good job and had a wonderful time playing with his friend Gunner. Gunner has known Sam since pre-school and he is a cancer survivor..he got cancer when Sam was in preschool with him. They kind of relate well to each other in some sort of unspoken way. Sam gave him a gift of a little stuffed dog when we found out he had cancer. It is the same one Sam has. Gunner still has it and it sits on the shelf of his headboard. His mother told me that he has always remembered that it came from Sam and is very protective of it STILL...Sam still has his too. He doesn't cuddle it..but it sleeps near his head on the nightstand. I love watching them play with each other. Gunner it seems is almost protective of Sam...it's very sweet...and I am SO grateful. Most kids don't even give Sam a chance..at all....I thank God for Gunner. He is an answered prayer!! Here's a couple pics of the beautiful paper flowers that were made today. I told them they should do a woman's class...because I think all the boys and girls Moms were having just as much (if not more) fun than the kids.
Since I've posted so much in the last couple of weeks on patriotism..I'm just going to say to all my sweet friends......Have a Happy and SAFE 4th of July!!!! I probably won't be doing any blogging this evening or weekend...I'll come around and visit everyone next week. I'm going to rest this evening and just spend some time with my family this weekend. Have a Blessed Holiday!!!
With Love, Jerelene




5 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sweetie- I know that feeling of a beloved friend. Mandy has her best buddy, Maria, over right now and she is such an answer to prayer.:) I'm so glad you all had the most wonderful day. I know I would love Sam and Gunner both.:)

Gorgeous flowers! Lori

Diana said...

Hi Jerelene,
I remember making those flowers, I don't remember how but I remember making them! I was up all night too Jerelene. For me it's the full moon approaching. Once it's full I can sleep again! I hope you start feeling less sore soon, And I think that it is a blessing for Sam to have a good friend like he does!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend Jerelene!

Blessings each day said...

Gunner and Sam are great examples of the way friends should be and wouldn't it be nice if others could learn from them??!!

Please take good care of yourself, epsom salts in a nice tub bath might help.

Have a wonderful holiday, sweet person!

blessings with hugs and prayers for your healing,

marcy

Eileen said...

Oh, Jerelene, still in pain?
I hope you heal soon!

I'm glad Sam had a good time with his good friend! And I love the flowers!

We had lots of fun today, and we did lots of work later in the evening, and now I'm tired. Maybe I can sleep tonight. Seems like we're all losing sleep somehow.

Enjoy your weekend!
Enjoy your family!
Happy Independence Day!
Love,
Eileen

Eileen said...

Jerelene, when you get a chance visit my post today.
Love you!
Eileen