Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Friday favorites (the night before!)

I'm not going to be home tomorrow...(Sam's homeschool co-op)..so I'm going to post some Friday favorites tonight! The weather here is ucky again! We are under a flood watch and a tornado watch is right next to us...I've seriously had enough of this rain...On to better things....The first picture is of a purse that my Mom bought for me last year. It is HUGE and is so nice if you're carrying books or knitting with you...I just love it...I love the colors and how it looks quilted. The angel pins are from my Mom :)
Next is a cute little frosty pumpkin that I got from our local dollar store this afternoon...I just love it!! It looks really cute with my pumpkin bears :)

This is my favorite find for the afternoon.....I had eyed it once before, and didn't get it...but I couldn't help myself today...it was marked down...which meant I definately should grab it...right?
It is just adorable and a really cute way to enjoy my yummy coffee with white chocolate mocha creamer :) and...it's a lovely addition to my small mug collection!
After posting the Dutch girl dish towels...I just knew I had to post these too! My Aunt Audrey made these for me...(she made the cross stitch cow pictures too..) They are absolutely adorable and you almost have to see them to appreciate the beautiful work that she did!
These are two of my favorites!! The one on the right has blue eyes! The one on the left has earrings! Aren't they just darling?
I better go for now as there are some really strong storms headed our way. I usually turn the computer off when it storms badly. I don't want it to get fried by the lightning..
You are ALL in my thoughts and prayers...
With Love, Jerelene














13 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh Jerelene...I am sorry that storms are in your area.
I pray for protection for you and yours....and that you have a restful night despite the storms around you.
I love your mug....great purchase....and what you drink in it sounded heavenly to me!!
Have sweet dreams and a great Friday and remainder of the weekend.
Love,
Jackie

mysteryhistorymom said...

Cute treasures, Sweetie! Do be careful, sweets. We were in our "safe" room tonight during rotation in the area. Tornadoes are frightening... I'll be anxious to hear how you are doing... Lori

Bernie said...

Love seeing your favorite things Jerelene, I love how you love Halloweeen and pumpkins, you are special.....:-) Hugs

Blessings each day said...

I pray that God and His angels hover over you and your family with protection from the storm.

Your purse is lovely and so are all your other pretty treasures. The cows ar adorable and so Jerelene in their cuteness.

I love the dollar store, Jerelene and I found some new 504 piece puzzles there so I was really pleased.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Eileen said...

Jerelene, I hope the weather clears for you and have blue skies and sunny days ahead! Rain is bad enough, but then to have those violent storms to deal with too!
I'll say some prayers for peaceful days.

I love all your favorites and I can see why they are favorites! They would be mine too! Your Mom has great taste! And I love your Fall finds!
And you know I'm over the moon with anything hand made! Those towels are adorable! And it gives my heart such a nice feeling that your Aunt made them for you with the thought in mind of how much you like cows! Adorable!
And they are so vintage looking and you know how much I love that too!

Thanks, also, Jerelene for all your generous, loving comments to me. And thanks for all your prayers. You don't know how much that means to me.
Love to you,
Eileen

Sweet Woodruff said...

Sweet purse and REALLY sweet towels. I love those things.

Rebecca said...

I wonder if/hope that the storms have passed without significant damage to your area. It is raining profusely here (yesterday & today). It was fun to see your new pumpkin acquisitions! Very cute! And the cow stitchery is fun, too! The bag is attractive & useful...It is a clever idea to fasten the angel pins to it!

Terrie said...

I love your favorites. I think they would probably be some of mine too. Don't you just love the fall?

Diana said...

Hi Jerelene!
Would you believe that Katie has a purse that looks almost identical to yours? I love it.
Hope you made it through the storms alright. We had rain for three days and it's finally gone!
I love that pumpkin mug, I want one!
Love Di

Sniffles and Smiles said...

All right...I know we are NOT supposed to covet, but...that mug is just tooooo wonderful!!! Your purse is beautiful, and your tea towels exquisite!! Hope your coop was great fun, and that you are safe in the midst of the storms!! Have a wonderful weekend! ~Janine XO

Jen said...

I love them all! Particularly the frosted pumpkin--and its price. I have three that are very similar but I wasn't so fortunate on the price.

Jill said...

Jerelene, I want to thank you so very much for all the kind messages of support you have given me thoughout the past weeks. It means more to me then you will ever, ever know. You are a dear friend!

Fifi said...

Hi there dear friend ..... your place here is looking very halloweenie!! Those trinkets are gorgeous!
I feel SOOOO bad ..... I have been a rotten pen-pal .... things have been rather hectic here. I promise to write a soon as possible! Forgive me ...