Loving My Life as Wife, Mother and Grandmother

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pen Pals for October!

Hello Everyone! It's starting to look a little like Halloween....:)
We had a busy afternoon learning about Holland...it has been a lot of fun learning about this beautiful country. I wasn't lucky enough to get to visit there when I went to Europe (a long time ago)but, I would have loved to have went there. I have Irish, French and Dutch in my family-tree...so it has been a lot of fun reading all about it! They have some of the most beautiful castles there too.
Mark went out to the garden and brought this in for Sam. He won't eat it...but it was nice to see that the garden is productive. I actually cut this beauty up....and she was VERY spicy!! A little too much for me....The broccoli have little heads on them now...It was too wet for me to get in the garden and take any pictures...
I tossed our names around and came up with the new list for pen-pals. I thought it would be fun to have a fall theme or Halloween..whichever you prefer.
Linda & Marcy
Lori & Diana
Jackie & Bernie
Eileen & Jerelene (Me :)
If anyone doesn't want to do it this time then leave me a comment..If I don't hear then I'll assume everyone is still in :) If you need your partners address then just let me know :)
I have been having so much fun with this and I hope that you all are too!!I thought I would end the post with a silly picture of Mickey that Sam took..It's funny how it looks like he is sticking his tongue out at him!! He is always making us laugh :)


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1 With Love, Jerelene


4 comments:

Bernie said...

Oh how nice you still are enjoying Fall weather....Winter has arrived in Alberta,it's snowing as I type but we are not suppose to get any amount.
Please send me Jackie's address or she can e-mail it if she likes.
Take care my friend, Sam looks so cute in this photo.....Hugs

Eileen said...

I like the idea of themes! Fall/Halloween is great for this month, and Fall/Thanksgiving (I don't think other countries celebrate Halloween like we do, and for sure they don't have our Thanksgiving! But Fall is nice too, unless they are in summer like Australia is now! We don't have anyone from Australia do we?) for next month, then we have Christmas! What's good for January? The New Year? February Valentine's Day, March St. Patrick's Day. What about April? Easter? Spring?
Well, I guess we can do it for a few months anyway.
Thanks for taking care of this, Jerelene! It is fun!
You'll be hearing from me!
Love you, Eileen

Blessings each day said...

You have such a wonderful garden, Jerelene and it just keeps on producing. Michael LOVES brussel sprouts but I have never planted them, so maybe you could give a few hints about them for us.

Very cute picture of Sam and so funny of little Mickey!!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

p.s. I don't have Linda's address.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Your blog and posts are always so visually lovely!!! You have such an artistic flair...it is a joy to visit! ~Janine XO